I love the holiday season.
Although not without its bumps, this first Christmas in our new house has been peaceful and lovely. As a chilly Twelfth Night approaches, I'm thankful for our warm home, our health, and our circle of family and friends. In addition, I thought I'd look back and give thanks for twelve random (and sometimes goofy) things from the last dozen days. Here they are in no order whatsoever...
1. My encounter with a hawk one morning. He was beautiful and he let me creep so close that it felt like a gift.
2. Playing Pick-up Sticks in our pajamas.
3. Eli's goofy Santa beard lollypop.
4. I finally figured out how to make awesome homemade peppermint marshmallows -- even served up on a fused peppermint candy platter! (Click HERE for the marshmallow recipe. Click HERE to learn how to make your own candy platter.)
5. Winter sunsets.
6. Sitting around with family putting together puzzles.
7. Shared holiday movies.
8. When your kid loves what he finds under the wrapping paper.
9. Boy snuggles.
10. Baking. A lot of baking.
11. Mornings so long and lazy that the only reason you finally get up is because you really want some French toast.
12. Chilly winter nights with stars so clear you could reach up and grab one.
The year is off to a lovely start.